Barbados is a coral island. A coral reef stretches all around Barbados' coastline, providing for unlimited surfing conditions all over.
Whether a swell approaches the island from a northerly or westerly direction, or if it's moving in from the East or the South, Barbados is guaranteed to have surf somewhere along its shores at almost any given time of the year.
The East Coast of Barbados is the premier surf spot as far as power and size of waves are concerned. The "Soup Bowl" at Bathsheba is internationally recognized in the surfing world. This is where Kelly Slater impressively made his come back onto the world tour of pro surfing in 2002.
Along the South Coast of Barbados, surfers find what they are looking for at many spots along the way down to Southpoint, on any given day of the year.
From Brandons near Bridgetown to Accra Beach, the size of the waves is moderate. So it is at Freids where the cleanest wave you can imagine, rolls out on Cottons Bay's beach. Closer to the rocks, short boarders are in their element and next to them long boarders find their dream conditions. Right around the corner is South point, home of many surfing competitions in the past, with a fairly powerful and clean wave.
The northern end of the West Coast of Barbados isn't any milder when things are happening. Duppys and some other breaks in the north -west can easily live up to Hawaiian standards. While some breaks claim a little effort to get to, the waves of Maycocks roll out on a lovely white sand beach and are easier to access. Further down the west coast there is a point break of Gibbs and the shallow reefs of Tropicana and Sandy Lane.
Looking for a surf holiday in Barbados?
• Zed's Surf Adventures - For the ultimate in Surf Vacations, including surfing lessons, surfing tours, accommodations, surf board and car rentals.
• Inchcape Seaside Villas - Inchcape is located near Silver Sands beach. Surfing is exceptional in the shorebreak only steps away from your house.
• Round House Inn - Overlooking Bathsheba's Soupbowl, this rustic and charasmatic Inn will keep you bedded, fed and watered your entire surf vacation.
• Sea-U Private Guesthouse - Overlooks Tent Bay, Bathsheba and is surrounded by breathtaking scenery, a tropical garden, and beautiful unspoiled beaches. 5 minutes walk to Soupbowl.
• Other Barbados Lodgings - For hotels, apartments, guest houses and villas in Barbados! One of the best resources around!
• Oceanweather - Global Analysis Wave Map - similar to the one above.
• Intellicast - Check out weather systems in the Atlantic.
• Accuweather - Check out weather systems in the Atlantic.